Narendra Modi finds high voter turn-out `very encouraging`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said the high voter turn-out in the third phase of Lok Sabha elections on Thursday was encouraging, and he hoped it would continue.
"High voter turn-out in today`s polls is very encouraging. I congratulate and thank people. Hope the positive trend continues in later phases," Modi said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
BJP`s prime ministerial nominee, who has undertaken a high-voltage campaign in his bid for the country`s top job, has claimed that there is a wave in his favour.
Polling was held in 91 constituencies today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre