Alina Saldanha to be inducted into Goa Cabinet on June 8
Panaji: Alina Saldanha, the BJP candidate who was elected unopposed in the recent Cortalim by-poll, would be inducted into the Goa Cabinet on June 8, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.
Alina would take oath as a Member of Legislative Assembly on June 4, Parrikar told reporters last evening here.
The Chief Minister said she would be given some "lighter portfolios" for now, as she was a newcomer in politics.
Alina`s late husband Matanhy Saldanha was a minister in the Parrikar Cabinet. His untimely death necessitated the by-election.
She was elected unopposed on May 21 as all the other candidates, including that of Congress, withdrew from the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31