Alina Saldanha to be inducted into Goa Cabinet on June 8
Panaji: Alina Saldanha, the BJP candidate who was elected unopposed in the recent Cortalim by-poll, would be inducted into the Goa Cabinet on June 8, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.
Alina would take oath as a Member of Legislative Assembly on June 4, Parrikar told reporters last evening here.
The Chief Minister said she would be given some "lighter portfolios" for now, as she was a newcomer in politics.
Alina`s late husband Matanhy Saldanha was a minister in the Parrikar Cabinet. His untimely death necessitated the by-election.
She was elected unopposed on May 21 as all the other candidates, including that of Congress, withdrew from the fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter