Alina Saldanha to be inducted into Goa Cabinet on June 8
Panaji: Alina Saldanha, the BJP candidate who was elected unopposed in the recent Cortalim by-poll, would be inducted into the Goa Cabinet on June 8, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has said.
Alina would take oath as a Member of Legislative Assembly on June 4, Parrikar told reporters last evening here.
The Chief Minister said she would be given some "lighter portfolios" for now, as she was a newcomer in politics.
Alina`s late husband Matanhy Saldanha was a minister in the Parrikar Cabinet. His untimely death necessitated the by-election.
She was elected unopposed on May 21 as all the other candidates, including that of Congress, withdrew from the fray.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane