No more animal slaughter in unhygienic conditions: CM
Panaji: Goa Chief minister Manohar Parrikar today assured crackdown on illegal slaughter houses in the state, which are run in unhygienic conditions and also vowed to protect animal rights.
Parrikar said the state government will work out a mechanism to ensure that there is no cruelty to animals, which are taken up for butchering.
"We cannot stop slaughtering because there is a demand for meat. This is a very sensitive topic," he said.
The chief minister, however, said that the state government will discourage the practice of butchering animals anywhere in the state in unhygienic conditions.
He said that the slaughter houses run by the state government too were in dismal state.
The issue was raised on the floor of the House by BJP legislator Vishnu Surya Wagh, who demanded to stop cruelty animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray