Anti-Modi activists stopped from entering Godhra
Godhra: Some members of an NGO opposing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s day-long fast, aimed at building bridges between all communities, were on Friday held at the outskirts of the Godhra district.
Reports, Friday, claimed that Shabnam Hashmi, founder trustee of NGO Anhad (Act Now for Harmony and Democracy) and some of its office-bearers were arrested for trying to hold a fast parallel to that of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Hashmi and her group has been a vocal critic of the Narendra Modi government and its alleged anti-Muslim stand.
At several occasions in past, Hashmi had opposed Modi’s effort to build bridges between all communities and strengthening social fabric of the state.
After her arrest, Hashmi claimed that she was forced by the state police to abandon her fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal