Anti-Modi activists stopped from entering Godhra
Godhra: Some members of an NGO opposing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s day-long fast, aimed at building bridges between all communities, were on Friday held at the outskirts of the Godhra district.
Reports, Friday, claimed that Shabnam Hashmi, founder trustee of NGO Anhad (Act Now for Harmony and Democracy) and some of its office-bearers were arrested for trying to hold a fast parallel to that of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Hashmi and her group has been a vocal critic of the Narendra Modi government and its alleged anti-Muslim stand.
At several occasions in past, Hashmi had opposed Modi’s effort to build bridges between all communities and strengthening social fabric of the state.
After her arrest, Hashmi claimed that she was forced by the state police to abandon her fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report