‘No one in Cong afraid of going to Gujarat`
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Ashwini Kumar Friday said no one in the Congress including Rahul Gandhi was "afraid" of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and that the AICC general secretary would go to the state for election campaign at an "appropriate" time.
"I want to say that no one in the Congress party is afraid of Narendra Modi expecially Rahul Gandhi who has carved an ideological identity for himself and has given an ideological focus to the Congress party.
"He will go to Gujarat at an appropriate time and he will take part in the election campaign also," he told reporters outside Parliament House complex.
The Minister was asked to comment on charges by BJP leaders in Gujarat that Rahul was not willing to campaign for the upcoming Gujarat assembly elections.
On the charges levelled by Modi, Kumar said, "I think this is the sign of political bankruptcy of BJP that now they are trying to make an issue out of whether our leader will go or not go to Gujarat for campaign."
"We do not carry out personal attacks. Gujarat is said to be a progressive state but on many accounts, it is one of the most backward state. The need is to bring out facts before the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!