‘No one in Cong afraid of going to Gujarat`
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Ashwini Kumar Friday said no one in the Congress including Rahul Gandhi was "afraid" of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and that the AICC general secretary would go to the state for election campaign at an "appropriate" time.
"I want to say that no one in the Congress party is afraid of Narendra Modi expecially Rahul Gandhi who has carved an ideological identity for himself and has given an ideological focus to the Congress party.
"He will go to Gujarat at an appropriate time and he will take part in the election campaign also," he told reporters outside Parliament House complex.
The Minister was asked to comment on charges by BJP leaders in Gujarat that Rahul was not willing to campaign for the upcoming Gujarat assembly elections.
On the charges levelled by Modi, Kumar said, "I think this is the sign of political bankruptcy of BJP that now they are trying to make an issue out of whether our leader will go or not go to Gujarat for campaign."
"We do not carry out personal attacks. Gujarat is said to be a progressive state but on many accounts, it is one of the most backward state. The need is to bring out facts before the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow