PM should clarify on Bangladeshi infiltration: Modi
Junagadh (Guj): Expressing concern over growing Bangladeshi infiltration in India, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said the Prime Minister should clarify on the country`s policy towards the problem.
He also accused Singh of adopting "dual standards" on sporadic violence in the country with regards to incidents in Assam and Mumbai, in his 66th Independence Day speech here.
"Prime Minister, the country wants to know what are you thinking about Bangladeshi infiltration. What are your policies. Will Bangladeshi have a sway in India," Modi said.
"The infiltration of Bangladeshis in India is becoming a issue of concern. Assam (violence) is just a small example of it, its becoming a major problem for the nation, Modi said.
Accusing the PM of adopting dual standards, he said, "Why the Prime Minister has remained silent on the violence in Mumbai, while he expressed remorse on the violent protests in Assam Why this dual standards ? How can a Prime Minister of a country be mum on such a serious incident."
Expressing dissatisfaction on PM`s speech, Modi said he heard the speech not as a CM but as a common man and was disappointed.
The Chief Minister expressed shock that the PM can say `prices may rise` or cite coalition compulsions.
What happened to the promises of cheap interest rates for the middle class people to build houses or the cheap education loans, he asked.
He said if the PM makes promises but does not keep them, how does he expect the people of India to believe him and his Government?
Modi also wondered why there was no plan to tackle malnutrition.
He also accused the PM of waking up late to the issue of skill development in the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city