RSS leader comes in support of Keshubhai Patel
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has decided to support Keshubhai Patel in the upcoming state assembly elections scheduled to be held by year end.
Maniar, while talking to reporters here said today that he has decided to support Keshubhai Patel, who is going to form a new party soon alongwith BJP rebels like Kanshiram Rana and Suresh Mehta.
Keshubhai and Kanshiram had yesterday resigned from BJP`s primary membership and announced to form a new party soon.
Keshubhai, after being ignored by Modi, who replaced him in 2001, has come out openly this time to remove the Modi government from power and organised `Parivartan Sammelan` in various parts of the state.
Refusing to contest elections, Maniar said he would extend his possible support to Keshubhai.
Maniar also claimed that he had been in touch with former BJP leader and now Gujarat Congress` election campaign committee chairman Shankersinh Vaghela and said that "Vaghela is likely to support Keshubhai".
However, when contacted, Vaghela refused to support Keshubhai and said, "I will never quit Congress".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof