RSS leader comes in support of Keshubhai Patel
Rajkot: Senior RSS leader Pravin Maniar has decided to support Keshubhai Patel in the upcoming state assembly elections scheduled to be held by year end.
Maniar, while talking to reporters here said today that he has decided to support Keshubhai Patel, who is going to form a new party soon alongwith BJP rebels like Kanshiram Rana and Suresh Mehta.
Keshubhai and Kanshiram had yesterday resigned from BJP`s primary membership and announced to form a new party soon.
Keshubhai, after being ignored by Modi, who replaced him in 2001, has come out openly this time to remove the Modi government from power and organised `Parivartan Sammelan` in various parts of the state.
Refusing to contest elections, Maniar said he would extend his possible support to Keshubhai.
Maniar also claimed that he had been in touch with former BJP leader and now Gujarat Congress` election campaign committee chairman Shankersinh Vaghela and said that "Vaghela is likely to support Keshubhai".
However, when contacted, Vaghela refused to support Keshubhai and said, "I will never quit Congress".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price