Hisar power unit starts operation
Chandigarh: The 600 MW Unit-1 of Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Project at Hisar on Monday started its operation after remaining "temporarily shut down" for over three months.
Today it was synchronised with the grid after turbine vibration problem was resolved.
Giving details a spokesman of Haryana Power Generation Corporation (HPGCL) said here today that the Unit-1 was facing problem of high vibration and temperature in turbine bearings since December 2011.
The problem has now been solved and the unit achieved full load of 600 MW on the very first day after its rehabilitation on August 10, he said.
He added technical experts from the OEM Shanghai Electric Corporation (SEC), China have been camping at the plant since May, 2012 for attending the vibration problem along with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor RInfra and HPGCL engineers.
The unit shall generate about 144 lakh additional units of electricity daily for the consumers of Haryana, when operating at its rated capacity.
The machine was under forced shutdown since April 28, 2012, due to vibration problem.
While the problem was being attended by RInfra, HPGCL engaged Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee for carrying out independent evaluation of the quality of concrete in the foundation structure and the bearing pedestals of the Turbo Generator of Unit-1.
The machine was rolled on July 25 by RInfra under the supervision of SEC experts, however the vibration problem still persisted.
Since the unit could not be revived, in-spite of repeated trials and addition of balancing weights, HPGCL contacted Sampoorna Rotor Dynamics Consultancy (SRDC), Hyderabad which is represented by reputed IIT professor and renowned vibration expert JS Rao and other turbine experts and requested them to visit RGTPP for examining the vibration problem and to suggest solutions for the same.
Further, another reputed turbine expert Baboo Ram Bakshi (Ex- BHEL) was also requested to visit RGTPP in this regard.
All the above experts visited RGTPP site to study the problem and to suggest remedial measures to be undertaken by HPGCL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves