Jat stir: Protesters lift road blockades
Hisar (Har): The Jats, demanding quota in
government jobs, seemed to have relented a bit on their stand
with the protesters lifting their sit-ins on various roads,
including Hisar-Delhi and Hisar-Chandigarh national highways.
In a positive development, sources within the
protesters said they are likely to cremate the body of
Sandeep, who was killed during protests on March 6, after
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s meeting with the
Certain Jat leaders, who held parleys with the state
government, are also trying to convince the protesters.
However, several activists continue to sit on rail
tracks, affecting the traffic adversely. Rail links to Delhi,
Punjab and Rajasthan continued to remain paralysed as Hisar-
Delhi and Hisar-Ludhiana routes continued to remain disrupt.
The Jat leaders are demanding withdrawal of cases
against 100 of their activists arrested by police during the
"Our demand is that police should remove the section
imposed under sedition against some protesters so that they
can be released on bail," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh
Samiti leader Suresh Koth said.
The district administration is learnt to have been in
touch with the higher authorities to get the sedition charges
dropped so that the arrested protesters could be released.
Meanwhile, adequate number of personnel of CRPF, ITBP,
paramilitary forces and Haryana police have been posted in the
area as part of security measures.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list