JBT scam: Haryana govt official deposes against whistle blower
New Delhi: A Haryana government official has told a Delhi court that suspended IAS officer Sanjeev Kumar, who had exposed a scam on appointment of junior teachers in 2000 but was later made an accused, had sought to force his juniors to alter the list of successful candidates.
The scam involved the alleged illegal recruitment of over 3000 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in Haryana with state`s erstwhile Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, his MLA-son Ajay Chautala, former CM`s Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Vidya Dhar and 54 others facing trial here in a Delhi court. The trial was shifted here by the Supreme Court.
The accused are facing trial under various offences like forgery, cheating and fabricating fake documents under the Indian penal Code and for misuse of official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The deposition against Kumar that he had been forcing his juniors to alter the list of successful candidates, was made by Shashi Mehta, who was working as district organising commissioner and had been roped in as a defence witness by another accused Rajinder Singh Dahiya.
Mehta told Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar that Dahiya, who was the then district primary education officer, had confided in him that Kumar was pressurising him to prepare the list to which he did not agree.
"...Dahiya had told me that Director Primary Education (Sanjeev Kumar) had pressurised him to prepare a list to which he did not agree as his conscious did not allow. He also told me that he was pressurised in the meeting at Haryana Bhawan (in Delhi) also and that is why he was upset.
"He also stated that he was told by the director that in case he does not prepare the list, he will not get the pension benefits and his family members will also suffer," he further said.
In its charge sheet, the CBI had said that the probe established the manner in which the second lists were made by calling the chairpersons and members of the district-level selection committees of 18 districts to Haryana Bhawan here and a guest house in Chandigarh, where the modalities were worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you