Nine of a family killed in accident in Haryana
Fatehabad: Nine members of a family were
killed when the car in which they were travelling collided
with a truck on the Delhi-Fazilka National Highway No 10 near
here early Monday morning.
According to police sources, the incident took place when
the Hyundai car of the victims collided with the truck head on
while trying to overtake some vehicle.
The deceased include two men, two women and their five
children. They were returning to their home in the district
after attending a `satsang` (religious discourse) at the Dera
Sacha Sauda at Sirsa, they said.
The children of the two brothers were identified as
Simran (9), Aastha (5), Shruti (2) (children of Jitender),
Kashish (8) and Ayush (6), son and daughter of Surinder.
Senior police officers, including Commissioner of Police
and DIG of Police M P Bansal and A K Chawla respectively,
joined the cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use