Nine of a family killed in accident in Haryana
Fatehabad: Nine members of a family were
killed when the car in which they were travelling collided
with a truck on the Delhi-Fazilka National Highway No 10 near
here early Monday morning.
According to police sources, the incident took place when
the Hyundai car of the victims collided with the truck head on
while trying to overtake some vehicle.
The deceased include two men, two women and their five
children. They were returning to their home in the district
after attending a `satsang` (religious discourse) at the Dera
Sacha Sauda at Sirsa, they said.
The children of the two brothers were identified as
Simran (9), Aastha (5), Shruti (2) (children of Jitender),
Kashish (8) and Ayush (6), son and daughter of Surinder.
Senior police officers, including Commissioner of Police
and DIG of Police M P Bansal and A K Chawla respectively,
joined the cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends