Nine of a family killed in accident in Haryana
Fatehabad: Nine members of a family were
killed when the car in which they were travelling collided
with a truck on the Delhi-Fazilka National Highway No 10 near
here early Monday morning.
According to police sources, the incident took place when
the Hyundai car of the victims collided with the truck head on
while trying to overtake some vehicle.
The deceased include two men, two women and their five
children. They were returning to their home in the district
after attending a `satsang` (religious discourse) at the Dera
Sacha Sauda at Sirsa, they said.
The children of the two brothers were identified as
Simran (9), Aastha (5), Shruti (2) (children of Jitender),
Kashish (8) and Ayush (6), son and daughter of Surinder.
Senior police officers, including Commissioner of Police
and DIG of Police M P Bansal and A K Chawla respectively,
joined the cremation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'