Situation remains tense in Hisar
Hisar: Tension prevailed in the district
on Saturday as the standoff continued between the protesting Jats
and the state government over release of those arrested during
the agitation to press for reservation under OBC category.
"We are not going to hold any talk with the state
government till the time our demand (of releasing those
arrested) is met. There will also be no talks with the Khap
leaders, who are only acting on behalf of the state
government," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti leader,
Suresh Koth said.
The Jats have blocked several roads, including Hisar-Delhi
and Hisar-Chandigarh national highways. Rail links to Delhi,
Punjab and Rajasthan also continued to remain paralysed.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda urged the Jats to exercise restraint and cremate the body of
the youth, killed in alleged police firing.
Body of Sandeep, killed in clashes between police and protesters on March 6, continues to be placed beside the
railway tracks as the Jats remained adamant demanding unconditional release of all those arrested.
Koth said the youth will not be cremated till their
demand is met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof