Situation remains tense in Hisar
Hisar: Tension prevailed in the district
on Saturday as the standoff continued between the protesting Jats
and the state government over release of those arrested during
the agitation to press for reservation under OBC category.
"We are not going to hold any talk with the state
government till the time our demand (of releasing those
arrested) is met. There will also be no talks with the Khap
leaders, who are only acting on behalf of the state
government," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti leader,
Suresh Koth said.
The Jats have blocked several roads, including Hisar-Delhi
and Hisar-Chandigarh national highways. Rail links to Delhi,
Punjab and Rajasthan also continued to remain paralysed.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda urged the Jats to exercise restraint and cremate the body of
the youth, killed in alleged police firing.
Body of Sandeep, killed in clashes between police and protesters on March 6, continues to be placed beside the
railway tracks as the Jats remained adamant demanding unconditional release of all those arrested.
Koth said the youth will not be cremated till their
demand is met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why