Third Front at national level inevitable: Chautala
Hisar: The formation of the Third Front at the national level is inevitable, Indian National Lok Dal President Om Prakash Chautala said on Sunday.
"It may take some time but the formation of Third Front at the national level is inevitable and our party is making all out efforts for it because the circumstances portend well for mid-term polls at the Centre," the former Haryana Chief Minister told reporters here.
He lashed out at the UPA, saying it had been rocked by numerous scams and the common man had been crushed under the spiralling prices.
"Third Front will soon take shape," he said. He also lashed out at the Congress government in Haryana, alleging it had failed on all fronts.
"The debt of the state has tripled, the spurt in crime is shocking and development has come to a naught," he said, and gave examples of "wasteful expenditure" by the government.
He also said that unemployment was rising in the State while people were facing water and power woes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred