Third Front at national level inevitable: Chautala
Hisar: The formation of the Third Front at the national level is inevitable, Indian National Lok Dal President Om Prakash Chautala said on Sunday.
"It may take some time but the formation of Third Front at the national level is inevitable and our party is making all out efforts for it because the circumstances portend well for mid-term polls at the Centre," the former Haryana Chief Minister told reporters here.
He lashed out at the UPA, saying it had been rocked by numerous scams and the common man had been crushed under the spiralling prices.
"Third Front will soon take shape," he said. He also lashed out at the Congress government in Haryana, alleging it had failed on all fronts.
"The debt of the state has tripled, the spurt in crime is shocking and development has come to a naught," he said, and gave examples of "wasteful expenditure" by the government.
He also said that unemployment was rising in the State while people were facing water and power woes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'