Baking can ward off depression
London: A new research has revealed that baking can be helpful to lift people out of depression.
The 2012 winner of BBC2's Great British Bake Off, John Whaite, described suffering from crippling depression and believes baking is emerging "as a form of pill-less Prozac," the Independent reported.
According to the Real Bread Campaign report, Whaite, who is the ambassador for the campaign group Baking a Smile, calls for more people suffering from mental health issues, or who are simply going through a tough time to get the chance to try their hand at baking real bread to see how it could help them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt