Glenmark gets USFDA approval for headache drug
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd today said its subsidiary has received approval from the US health regulator to sell generic versions of AstraZeneca`s Zomig and Zomig ZMT tablets, a migraine drug, in the American market.
Glenmark Generics Inc, a subsidiary of Glenmark, has received approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Zolmitriptan tablets and Zolmitriptan Orally Disintegrating tablets, Glenmark said in a statement.
"Glenmark will commence distribution of the product immediately," the Mumbai-based firm said.
Zolmitriptan Tablets and Zolmitriptan ODT are indicated for the acute treatment of migraine headaches in adults.
According to IMS Health, for the 12-month period ended December 2012, the products garnered annual sales of USD 176 million.
Glenmark`s current portfolio consists of 85 products authorised for distribution in the US market.
Shares of Glenmark were trading at Rs 555 on the BSE in late afternoon trade, up 1.34 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016