Glenmark gets USFDA approval for headache drug
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd today said its subsidiary has received approval from the US health regulator to sell generic versions of AstraZeneca`s Zomig and Zomig ZMT tablets, a migraine drug, in the American market.
Glenmark Generics Inc, a subsidiary of Glenmark, has received approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Zolmitriptan tablets and Zolmitriptan Orally Disintegrating tablets, Glenmark said in a statement.
"Glenmark will commence distribution of the product immediately," the Mumbai-based firm said.
Zolmitriptan Tablets and Zolmitriptan ODT are indicated for the acute treatment of migraine headaches in adults.
According to IMS Health, for the 12-month period ended December 2012, the products garnered annual sales of USD 176 million.
Glenmark`s current portfolio consists of 85 products authorised for distribution in the US market.
Shares of Glenmark were trading at Rs 555 on the BSE in late afternoon trade, up 1.34 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?