Glenmark gets USFDA approval for headache drug
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd today said its subsidiary has received approval from the US health regulator to sell generic versions of AstraZeneca`s Zomig and Zomig ZMT tablets, a migraine drug, in the American market.
Glenmark Generics Inc, a subsidiary of Glenmark, has received approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Zolmitriptan tablets and Zolmitriptan Orally Disintegrating tablets, Glenmark said in a statement.
"Glenmark will commence distribution of the product immediately," the Mumbai-based firm said.
Zolmitriptan Tablets and Zolmitriptan ODT are indicated for the acute treatment of migraine headaches in adults.
According to IMS Health, for the 12-month period ended December 2012, the products garnered annual sales of USD 176 million.
Glenmark`s current portfolio consists of 85 products authorised for distribution in the US market.
Shares of Glenmark were trading at Rs 555 on the BSE in late afternoon trade, up 1.34 per cent from their previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?