6 reasons why you should include chili peppers in your diet
Chili pepper or chilli is a member of the nightshade family that has its origin in the Americas. This fiery spice not only adds heat to our food but has surprising health benefits too.
Good for heart: Vitamins A and C along with bioflavinoids strengthen blood vessels, making them elastic and better able to adjust to blood pressure fluctuations. It also lowers cholesterol, and to reduce the amount of fibrin in the blood.
Relieves pain and reduces inflammation: Capsaicin, which is the main component in chili pepper, inhibits Substance P, which is associated with inflammatory processes, and provides pain relief for migraine and sinus headaches. It also stimulates the release of endorphins that are natural pain killers.
Helps clear congestion: Chili helps to stimulate secretions that aid in opening your nasal passages. It also contains antibacterial properties that help fight chronic sinus infections.
Helps burn fat: Studies suggest that capsaicin can help speed up metabolism and reduce fat tissue, as well as curb overeating by taming appetite.
Fights cancer: According to researchers, capsaicin found in Chilis makes prostate cancer cells to kill themselves.
Lowers blood sugar levels: A study has shown that eating chillies can help control insulin levels after a meal. The amount of insulin needed to lower the body`s blood sugar level following a meal was reduced by a staggering 60%.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!