Eating before bed: Four ways to burn fat while you sleep
You may have heard eating after 8 pm is bad for your health, especially if you are on a weight loss plan. But that isn't true, the fact is that you just have to know which foods to eat and which ones to avoid as the evening advances.
However, try to eat dinner at least two hours before bed, and if you are one of those regular late-night snackers, try to finish it at least an hour before bed. This will help your body's natural sleeping metabolism to burn fat even while you are asleep. Moreover, this will also help avoid sleep disruption due to poor digestion or stomach issues.
Here is a list of dos and don'ts before to help lose weight as well as for a good night sleep:
Foods to eat: Eat whole natural foods that are high in vitamins and minerals and low in saturated fat, trans fat, artificial sugar, sodium and cholesterol. Fruits, green vegetables, white meat protein (not red meat), healthy fats, cottage cheese, etc. are the healthiest choices for a weight management plan.
Foods to avoid: Fried food, bread products, grains, rice, high diary food like ice-cream, alcoholic drinks, caffeinated drinks, etc. should be avoided before bed. Besides, too much of anything should be avoided.
Small meals: Try to eat small meals throughout the day- this technique has been a 'favourite tip' of trainers and dieticians over the world in weight loss program. Eating frequent and small meals throughout the day will help your metabolism rate, and will also ensure that your body continues to burn fat throughout the night. However, you must ensure these meals are healthy and nutritious.
Avoid overeating: Keep your bedtime eating to snacks. Overeating or eating a big meal before bedtime can disrupt your sleep and put stress on the body's digestive system. Try using small dishes to make the food seem significant and large.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani