Explore the health benefits of garlic
Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet. Known as one of the oldest medicinal plants, garlic is a widely recognized health enhancing supplement. Garlic is one of the most commonly used spices in cooking because of its aroma and the enticing flavor it adds to food, but it has some impressive health benefits too.
Garlic promotes the overall well-being of the heart and immune systems and helps maintain healthy blood circulation. The active component in garlic is the sulfur compound called allicin. Allicin is powerful as an antibiotic and a effective agent that helps the body to inhibit the ability of germs to grow and reproduce.
Presence of allyl sulfur found in garlic can slow down the progress of cancerous cell growth.
Garlic supplements lowers the blood cholesterol levels and prevents the formation of blood clots in the body. It protects the blood vessels and heart from the harmful effects of free oxygen radicals.
Is an anti-oxidant
Garlic increases the overall antioxidant levels of the body.It decrease serum glucose and blood pressure while increasing antioxidants
Garlic has been used effectively against a whole host of bacteria, fungus, and viruses.It detoxifies and cleanses the body effectively.
Lowers blood pressure
Studies have shown that Garlic reduces cholesterol, high blood pressure and the incidence of flu.
Garlic lowers total cholesterol and triglyceride levels by up to 20 mg/dL in humans.
Strengthens the immune system
Because of its antiseptic, anti-fungal and nutritive properties,garlic boosts the immune system.It is a natural antioxidant protecting against bacterial and viral infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'