Here are five healthy ways to eat meat
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Research has shown how eating lots of meat, especially red meat, can cost our health dearly, giving rise to cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and of course the belly fat- our ever-increasing waistlines.
It's not the meat that affects our health but it's the saturated fat and artery-clogging, cholesterol-soaring properties in meat, which you need to decrease.
Here are five simple ways to guide you how to do the above and stay healthy:
Choose the highest quality: When buying meat, see for labels that contain less fat. Also, as this meat is costlier than the other pieces of meat, it will limit the quantity you're buying and will prevent you from overeating.
Go lean: Always try to purchase meat packages labelled 'lean' or 'extra lean'. Lean meat has fewer than 8.5 grams of fat per 3-ounce serving, while extra lean has fewer than 4 grams.
Go for grass-fed meat: It is recommended to buy meat labelled 'grass fed' or 'pasture raised'. This meat may have 25% to 50% less fat, fewer calories as well as more heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids than regular grain-fed meat.
Remove fat: Use a sharp knife to remove any fat that's still remaining before eating. This will help you reduce your fat intake by as much as half.
Limit your buying: Buy small amount of meat to cut down on the amount per serving. Doing so will help you limit your meat intake. Try using it as a garnish for flavour instead of making it as the main dish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands