One pint of beer `improves heart health`
London: Drinking just one pint of beer is enough to boost the condition of the blood vessels around the heart, a new study has revealed.
Arteries become more flexible and blood flow improves within hours, the report said.
However vodka and alcohol-free beer did not have the same effect in a study of 17 men, the Mirror reported.
Greek Scientists concluded that the state of the arteries was improved by the combination of alcohol and antioxidants in beer.
Harokopio University experts asserted in the study that function was significantly improved only after beer.
Other studies have claimed that a pint a day can cut the risk of heart attack by 30 per cent.
The study was published in the Nutrition journal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!