One pint of beer `improves heart health`
London: Drinking just one pint of beer is enough to boost the condition of the blood vessels around the heart, a new study has revealed.
Arteries become more flexible and blood flow improves within hours, the report said.
However vodka and alcohol-free beer did not have the same effect in a study of 17 men, the Mirror reported.
Greek Scientists concluded that the state of the arteries was improved by the combination of alcohol and antioxidants in beer.
Harokopio University experts asserted in the study that function was significantly improved only after beer.
Other studies have claimed that a pint a day can cut the risk of heart attack by 30 per cent.
The study was published in the Nutrition journal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death