One pint of beer `improves heart health`
London: Drinking just one pint of beer is enough to boost the condition of the blood vessels around the heart, a new study has revealed.
Arteries become more flexible and blood flow improves within hours, the report said.
However vodka and alcohol-free beer did not have the same effect in a study of 17 men, the Mirror reported.
Greek Scientists concluded that the state of the arteries was improved by the combination of alcohol and antioxidants in beer.
Harokopio University experts asserted in the study that function was significantly improved only after beer.
Other studies have claimed that a pint a day can cut the risk of heart attack by 30 per cent.
The study was published in the Nutrition journal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti