One pint of beer `improves heart health`
London: Drinking just one pint of beer is enough to boost the condition of the blood vessels around the heart, a new study has revealed.
Arteries become more flexible and blood flow improves within hours, the report said.
However vodka and alcohol-free beer did not have the same effect in a study of 17 men, the Mirror reported.
Greek Scientists concluded that the state of the arteries was improved by the combination of alcohol and antioxidants in beer.
Harokopio University experts asserted in the study that function was significantly improved only after beer.
Other studies have claimed that a pint a day can cut the risk of heart attack by 30 per cent.
The study was published in the Nutrition journal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur