Raspberry- A power packed fruit with immense health benefits
The vibrant red-coloured, exquisite and delicate raspberry is a powerhouse of innumerable health benefits. The fruit which is a rich source of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, when included in your daily diet can help lower risk of cancer, obesity, cardiovascular diseases and even enhance fertility.
Here is a look at the many health benefits of the exotic berries:
Helps lose weight: Raspberries are low in fat and calories and high in fiber content, which makes them an excellent fruit to be included in your diet plan. The low-energy-density food helps provide larger portions for fewer calories. Raspberries make you feel fuller for long as high-fiber foods take more time to get digested. The insoluble fiber helps keep the body regular and the soluble fiber is known to lower blood cholesterol, which also promotes weight loss.
Reduces cancer risk: Raspberries contain about 10 times more antioxidants than tomatoes. The high levels of antioxidants in raspberries make it a great cancer fighting fruit, as antioxidants help protect cells from the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Raspberries also contain ellagic acid that is said to be an anti-carcinogenic compound.
Maintains cardiovascular health: The potassium content in the berries help maintain the heart beat and blood pressure. Raspberries also contain good amount of other minerals like, manganese, copper and iron. Copper is essential for production of red blood cells and iron and folate helps reduce anemia risk.
Enhances fertility: According to a latest research eating raspberries can even help enhance fertility in both men and women. The high levels of Vitamin C and magnesium are very much essential for male and female fertility. The antioxidants help protect sperm, promote conception and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
Slows ageing process: The antioxidants in raspberries slow the ageing process by neutralising free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins, the flavonoids that give red raspberries their colour, can also help your skin glow. They also stimulate collagen production thus giving you a beautiful complexion. Anthocyanins also helps fight against fungi and bacteria.
Helps fight depression and other mood disorders: The fruit is a rich source of Vitamin B and folic acid. A handful of raspberries can give your mood an instant lift.
The nutrient dense fruit also helps improve vision, eases inflammation of stomach and aids digestion.
Compiled by: Liji Varghese
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof