Raspberry- A power packed fruit with immense health benefits
The vibrant red-coloured, exquisite and delicate raspberry is a powerhouse of innumerable health benefits. The fruit which is a rich source of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, when included in your daily diet can help lower risk of cancer, obesity, cardiovascular diseases and even enhance fertility.
Here is a look at the many health benefits of the exotic berries:
Helps lose weight: Raspberries are low in fat and calories and high in fiber content, which makes them an excellent fruit to be included in your diet plan. The low-energy-density food helps provide larger portions for fewer calories. Raspberries make you feel fuller for long as high-fiber foods take more time to get digested. The insoluble fiber helps keep the body regular and the soluble fiber is known to lower blood cholesterol, which also promotes weight loss.
Reduces cancer risk: Raspberries contain about 10 times more antioxidants than tomatoes. The high levels of antioxidants in raspberries make it a great cancer fighting fruit, as antioxidants help protect cells from the damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Raspberries also contain ellagic acid that is said to be an anti-carcinogenic compound.
Maintains cardiovascular health: The potassium content in the berries help maintain the heart beat and blood pressure. Raspberries also contain good amount of other minerals like, manganese, copper and iron. Copper is essential for production of red blood cells and iron and folate helps reduce anemia risk.
Enhances fertility: According to a latest research eating raspberries can even help enhance fertility in both men and women. The high levels of Vitamin C and magnesium are very much essential for male and female fertility. The antioxidants help protect sperm, promote conception and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
Slows ageing process: The antioxidants in raspberries slow the ageing process by neutralising free radicals in the body. Anthocyanins, the flavonoids that give red raspberries their colour, can also help your skin glow. They also stimulate collagen production thus giving you a beautiful complexion. Anthocyanins also helps fight against fungi and bacteria.
Helps fight depression and other mood disorders: The fruit is a rich source of Vitamin B and folic acid. A handful of raspberries can give your mood an instant lift.
The nutrient dense fruit also helps improve vision, eases inflammation of stomach and aids digestion.
Compiled by: Liji Varghese
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan