Four Amarnath pilgrims killed, 30 injured in bus mishap in HP
Shimla: Four Amarnath pilgrims were killed this evening and thirty others injured as the bus they were travelling in, fell into a deep gorge near Kangra tunnel, 22-Km from Dharamsala.
The accident occurred when the private bus with 40 pilgrims on board, was returning to Delhi from Amarnath Yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas, Additional DGP S R Mardi said.
Most of the victims were from the national capital and Uttar Pradesh.
Seven of those injured are serious, he said.
Unconfirmed reports said death toll could be more as all the bodies had not yet been recovered and some of the passengers were still feared trapped in the wreckage of the bus.
A rescue team led by Deputy Commissioner K R Bharti and SP Daljeet Singh was on the spot and to oversee efforts for recovery of bodies.
Rescue work was hampered as the spot where the bus fell was a deep gorge and inaccessible.
The injured have been rushed to Government Medical College hospital at Tanda (Kangra) and efforts are on to identify the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price