Four Amarnath pilgrims killed, 30 injured in bus mishap in HP
Shimla: Four Amarnath pilgrims were killed this evening and thirty others injured as the bus they were travelling in, fell into a deep gorge near Kangra tunnel, 22-Km from Dharamsala.
The accident occurred when the private bus with 40 pilgrims on board, was returning to Delhi from Amarnath Yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas, Additional DGP S R Mardi said.
Most of the victims were from the national capital and Uttar Pradesh.
Seven of those injured are serious, he said.
Unconfirmed reports said death toll could be more as all the bodies had not yet been recovered and some of the passengers were still feared trapped in the wreckage of the bus.
A rescue team led by Deputy Commissioner K R Bharti and SP Daljeet Singh was on the spot and to oversee efforts for recovery of bodies.
Rescue work was hampered as the spot where the bus fell was a deep gorge and inaccessible.
The injured have been rushed to Government Medical College hospital at Tanda (Kangra) and efforts are on to identify the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi