Four Amarnath pilgrims killed, 30 injured in bus mishap in HP
Shimla: Four Amarnath pilgrims were killed this evening and thirty others injured as the bus they were travelling in, fell into a deep gorge near Kangra tunnel, 22-Km from Dharamsala.
The accident occurred when the private bus with 40 pilgrims on board, was returning to Delhi from Amarnath Yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas, Additional DGP S R Mardi said.
Most of the victims were from the national capital and Uttar Pradesh.
Seven of those injured are serious, he said.
Unconfirmed reports said death toll could be more as all the bodies had not yet been recovered and some of the passengers were still feared trapped in the wreckage of the bus.
A rescue team led by Deputy Commissioner K R Bharti and SP Daljeet Singh was on the spot and to oversee efforts for recovery of bodies.
Rescue work was hampered as the spot where the bus fell was a deep gorge and inaccessible.
The injured have been rushed to Government Medical College hospital at Tanda (Kangra) and efforts are on to identify the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?