HP against making pvt sector corruption ‘criminal’
New Delhi: Himachal Pradesh is the only
state so far which has opposed the proposal to make bribery in
private sector a criminal offence by ammending the Indian
Penal Code even as six states have yet to send their comments
on the issue, the Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In response to a question, Minister of State for Personal
and Training V Narayanasamy said comments of the 22 state
governments and six Union Territories have been received as on
March 16, 2012 on the proposal to make private sector bribery
Comments from Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh,
Orissa, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Union Territory of
Puducherry have not been received by March 16.
All states except Himachal Pradesh have supported the
proposal, the Minister said adding "the state government has
conveyed its disagreement with the proposed amendment to IPC."
He said the Jammu and Kashmir government had conveyed
that "proposed amendment will be a step forward in enlarging
the ambit of the Penal Code to cover the private sector as
well. In fact, the state government is considering amendment
on similar lines in the Ranbir Penal Code applicable to the
state of Jammu and Kashmir."
Other states like Kerala and Tamil Nadu while agreeing
with the proposal have suggested measures to make the
amendment even more stringent and bring clarity on some
issues, the Minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!