May cancel land allotted to Tibetans: Dhumal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Thursday said his government will cancel allotment of land by the previous Congress government to Tibetan refugees if an ongoing probe found "any irregularity" was committed.
Dhumal said the allocation of land by the Virbhadra Singh-government to exiled Tibetans "is being enquired into".
"The Virbhadra government himself amended (land) laws to favour Tibetans. The allocation of land would be cancelled, if any irregularity is found," the Chief Minister told reporters
The cancellation threat comes two days after Virbhadra Singh, the union minister of micro, small and medium enterprises, slammed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government in Himachal Pradesh for violating land laws by giving special permission to Team Anna member and counsel Prashant Bhushan to buy property in the state.
Dhumal said the land in Palampur town of Kangra district was allotted to Bhushan`s Kumud Bhushan Educational society on his request.
Virbhadra Singh, a five-time former chief minister and Congress leader alleged that Bhushan`s society had bought a tea garden that violated the Himachal Pradesh Ceiling on Land Holdings Act of 1972.
The row over the land given to Tibetans, who fled to India in 1959 with their spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, is in a court since November 2010.
A division bench of the Himachal Pradesh High Court has issued notice to the Tibetan government-in-exile based in Dharamsala, the central and state governments regarding the case.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!