Provide aid for developing border areas: Dhumal
New Delhi: Citing "violations" of Indian air
space by China, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar
Dhumal on Friday asked the Centre to provide it assistance for
putting in place adequate infrastructure in border areas.
"Our state touches the China border. China is doing air
(space) violations," Dhumal told reporters here while seeking
more Central assistance for development of Himachal`s border
areas along China.
"There is a need to develop road in the border areas. I
visited some border areas in my state and witnessed that China
has developed fantastic roads in its border areas. We need to
emulate them. The state cannot do it from its own resources.
The Centre should provide assistance for this," he added.
Dhumal also called for setting up of an international
airport and laying of more rail lines in the state.
When asked whether the state has sent any proposal in
this regard, he said, "We have sent many proposals
particularly for an international airport in the state, it
will be good if those are accepted."
Expressing concerns over the poor infrastructure
facilities in the state, he said, "There is no good
international airport in the state. Only 44 km rail line has
been added to the network in the state in the past 65 years
"We need more fund allocation from the Centre for the
roads, which are lifelines," Dhumal added.
Dhumal was here to discuss the state`s annual Plan for
the 2012-13 with Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek
Singh Ahluwalia at Yojana Bhawan.
The Commission approved an outlay of Rs 3,700 crore for
the state for next fiscal, which is 12.12 per cent higher than
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC