BJP rakes up National Herald case, seeks explanation from Sonia and Rahul
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday levelled serious charges against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday levelled serious charges against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi in connection with the National Herald case and sought an explanation from them.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra alleged that a new face of corruption has emerged on the occasion of Dussehra
"A leading television channel has made a big revelation. And the revelation is about 'Hawalabaji' by mother and son of the Congress first family. The revelation is about how black money is generated and used. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi have a lot to answer," Patra told the media here.
"There was a newspaper called National Herald and National Herald was run by a company called Associated Journals, which was closed in 2008 because it was in loss. In 2010, a company was floated called Young India Ltd, 38 percent shares of this company are with Sonia Gandhi and 38 percent is with Rahul Gandhi. They control 76 percent of Young India and, therefore, are owners. The rest of the 24 percent is held by Moti Lal Vora and Oscar Fernandes," he added.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had earlier filed a complaint, saying that Congress leaders were involved in cheating and breach of trust in the acquisition of Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) by Young Indian Pvt Ltd (YIL).
A trial court had on June 26 last year directed Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Congress treasurer Moti Lal Vora, Congress leader Oscar Fernandes along with several others to appear before it on August 7, 2014, on Swamy's complaint.