New Delhi: Soon after PM Narendra Modi took the nation by surprise on Tuesday by announcing demonetisation of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes with effect from midnight, a number of rumours are being spread in the market.
One such rumour going viral in the market is that in a day a person can deposit only Rs 2000 or Rs 4000 of Rs 500, Rs 1000 notes. IT'S A LIE!
Here is the truth, according to official statement of PM Modi released by Press Information Bureau (PIB):-
1. Persons holding old notes of five hundred or one thousand rupees can deposit these notes in their bank or post office accounts from 10th November till close of banking hours on 30th December 2016 without any limit.
2. Thus you will have 50 days to deposit your notes and there is no need for panic.
3. Your money will remain yours. You need have no worry on this point.
4. After depositing your money in your account, you can draw it when you need it.
5. Keeping in mind the supply of new notes, in the first few days, there will be a limit of ten thousand rupees per day and twenty thousand rupees per week. This limit will be increased in the coming days.
AVOID SPREADING RUMOURS!