New Delhi: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested on Friday in connection with a case of sedition and criminal conspiracy over holding of an event at the prestigious institute against hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The case was registered yesterday under Section of 124 A (sedition) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC against unknown persons at Vasant Kunj (North) Police station following complaints by BJP MP Maheish Girri and ABVP.
There are serious allegations of anti-India slogans being raised inside JNU campus.
Here are some of the slogans raised from JNU campus:-
- 'Tum kitne Afzal maroge, ghar-ghar se Afzal niklenge'
- 'Pakistan zindabad'
- 'Kashmir maange azaadi, ladkar lenge azaadi'
- 'Kashmir ki azaadi tak, jung rahegi-jung rahegi'
- 'Bharat ki barbaadi tak, jung rahegi-jung rahegi'
- 'Afzak ki hatya nahi sahenge'
Kanhaiya Kumar has been remanded to three-day police custody by a Delhi court.
WATCH the video clip here:-