JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: JNU students’ union (JNUSU) president Kanhaiya Kumar met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday.
Kanhiaya, accompanied by other student leaders reached Rahul's residence in Lutyen's Delhi at around 11 am and spent close to an hour with him.
Later, NSUI president Roji M John said that Kanhaiya Kumar met Rahul Gandhi to thank him for supporting JNU students. John said that it's not just about JNU, Rahul Gandhi had in the past supported students of Hyderbad University and FTII.
John added they will together fight attempts by the RSS to 'attack' institutions of prominence in the country.
The BJP was quick to slam the meeting between Rahul and Kanhaiya.
Party leader Shahnawaz Hussain said that the country was watching how Rahul Gandhi and the Congress are courting people like Kanhaiya Kumar, who allowed people to raise anti-national slogans in JNU.
His party colleague Sudhanshu Trivedi said that the meeting between Rahul and Kanhaiya has exposed the unholy nexus between the Congress and the Left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list