JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: JNU students’ union (JNUSU) president Kanhaiya Kumar met Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday.
Kanhiaya, accompanied by other student leaders reached Rahul's residence in Lutyen's Delhi at around 11 am and spent close to an hour with him.
Later, NSUI president Roji M John said that Kanhaiya Kumar met Rahul Gandhi to thank him for supporting JNU students. John said that it's not just about JNU, Rahul Gandhi had in the past supported students of Hyderbad University and FTII.
John added they will together fight attempts by the RSS to 'attack' institutions of prominence in the country.
The BJP was quick to slam the meeting between Rahul and Kanhaiya.
Party leader Shahnawaz Hussain said that the country was watching how Rahul Gandhi and the Congress are courting people like Kanhaiya Kumar, who allowed people to raise anti-national slogans in JNU.
His party colleague Sudhanshu Trivedi said that the meeting between Rahul and Kanhaiya has exposed the unholy nexus between the Congress and the Left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Assembly elections: AAP to release 'Dalit Manifestos' in Punjab, Gujarat, Goa
- Kolkata teenager's death: Police look for answers
- SP government not following Lohia, women unsafe in UP: Nitish
- Over 3,000 migrants dead in Mediterranean so far in 2016
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US