Manmohan Singh recalls contributions of former diplomat
New Delhi: Former prime minister Manmohan Singh Friday recalled the wide ranging contributions that former diplomat G. Parthasarathi made in various spheres.
He made the comments while dedicating the RIS Conference Hall as the G. Parthasarathi Conference Hall at the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) here.
Manmohan Singh underlined that G.P. had the vision that RIS should work as a leading and effective global think tank for developing countries to promote greater South-South economic development cooperation which must always remain the guiding principle for the work of RIS.
His commitment both to the pursuit of excellence and the reduction of social inequalities was so transparent that it left an indelible impression on all those who came in contact with him, said a press release.
RIS chairman Shyam Saran recalled the contributions made by RIS that have impacted policy-making process not only in India but in the developing world at large.
He said this was particularly relevant due to the fact that RIS was set up precisely to undertake analytical research on various international and developmental issues articulating the view-point of the developing world.
RIS director general Sachin Chaturvedi recalled the contributions of G. Parthasarathi and the inspiration that he had provided to researchers who have stayed on in RIS despite temptations to work elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested