New Delhi: Indian Air Force Chief Arup Raha on Tuesday said that the Pathankot terror attack was a set back for the IAF.
The Pathankot terror attack was carried out by Jaish-e-Mohammad militants, who the Indian air base on January 2, 2016 and killed seven security personnel. The attack had led to a downslide in bilateral ties between India and Pakistan.
Ever since Indian Army successfully carried out surgical strikes in the Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, the tensions are high along the Line of Control and International Border. Commenting on the present situation, the IAF Chief stated that all three units of Indian military are adequate enough to take on any challenge.
In a first, India carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across the LoC with the Army inflicting "significant casualties" on terrorists preparing to infiltrate from PoK, days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned Uri attack would not go unpunished.
Seven terror launch pads across the LoC were targeted by the Army on the intervening night of September 28 and 29 in a nearly five-hour-long operation during which heliborne and ground forces were deployed.
Expressing happiness over the Rafale fighter jets deal, the Air Chief Marshal said, “Any Air force will be proud to have an aircraft of Rafale class.”
“Would like to have more Rafale fighters, however the decision will be taken in near future depending on the capabilities,” he added.
Last month, Indian and France signed militarily significant deal for the supply of 36 Rafale fighter jets.
As part of the deal, 36 Rafale jets will come equipped with latest missiles and weapon system, giving the IAF a cutting edge over arch rival Pakistan.