PM Narendra Modi planning to nominate Amitabh Bachchan for next President of India?
New Delhi: In a major revelation, politician Amar Singh has said that he got to know that 'PM Narendra Modi is planning to propose Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan's name for the next President of India'.
Amar Singh claimed about the Amitabh Bachchan's nomination for President's post in an exclusive interview to Zee News' India24x7 (Essel Group's news channel). He was interviewed by India 24X7 editor Vasindra Mishra.
Also, Amar Singh revealed that he got to meet Narendra Modi through Arun Jaitley.
'I introduced Big B to Modi'
"I was the one who introduced Amitabh Bachchan to Narendra Modi (when he was Gujarat CM) in connection with 'Paa' movie," Amar Singh said.
"After Modi-Bachchan's meeting for 'Paa', Narendra Modi had asked Amitabh Bachchan to become brand ambassdoor of Gujarat," Amar Singh claimed in the interview.
Close to Bachchan family
Noteworthy, Amar Singh was once very close to the Bachchans.
Pranab Mukherjee assumed office as the 13th President of India on July 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur