New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday addressed the joint session of both Houses of Parliament, on the first day of the Budget Session.
In his nearly one-and-a-half-hour-long speech, the President touched upon many issues. Here are five key takeaways from his speech:
- 'Sabka saath, sabka saath' are the fundamental tenets which guide my government.
- My government is particularly focused on the welfare of poor and farmers, and jobs for the youth.
- My government firmly believes economic development and environmental protection can co-exist.
- Parliament is a place for debate and discussion, not disruption or obstruction.
- India is a haven of stability in an increasingly turbulent global economy.