Qualitative improvement in education our priority: PM Modi
Bringing qualitative improvement in the learning process was a priority for the government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday.
New Delhi: Bringing qualitative improvement in the learning process was a priority for the government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday.
"We announced path-breaking reforms in the education sector. Improving the quality of learning will be my government's primary objective," Modi said while addressing the 'Bloomberg India Economic Forum' here.
Modi said the government's aim was to empower higher educational institutions to help them attain the highest standards possible.
Stating that the government will provide an enabling regulatory architecture to 10 public and private institutions each, so that they emerge as world-class teaching and research institutions, Modi said their regulatory framework will be separate from existing structures like the University Grants Commission and All India Council for Technical Education.
"They will have complete autonomy in academic, administrative and financial matters. We will provide additional resources for the next five years for the 10 public universities. This will eventually allow ordinary Indians access to affordable world-class degree courses," said Modi who spoke on several other issues, including business, during his address.
Among other educational achievements, Modi said, India had registered quantitative progress in access and pupil-teacher ratios.
"The foundation of today’s knowledge economy is the quality of its school-leavers. We will allocate an increasing share of resources under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan to quality. These funds will be used to promote local initiatives and innovations to improve learning outcomes," said Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?