Delhi: The Sheena Bora murder case on Wednesday took a new turn with former Star India CEO Peter Mukherjea, husband of accused Indrani, saying that he was not aware that the deceased was her daughter and not her sister.
Indrani was arrested by Khar Police last night over her alleged role in the murder of Sheena Bora in 2012.
Following is all that we know about Indrani Mukherjea as per various media reports:
- Indrani Mukherjea is the wife of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea. Peter was the former CEO of Star India.
- Indrani, who is said to be said to be 43 years of age, was CEO of INX Media and INX News.
- Indrani married Peter in 2002. This was the second marriage for both of them.
- Indrani and Peter have one daughter from the marriage, Vidhie Mukerjea.
- Indrani was previously an HR professional.
- Indrani is the mother of Sheena Bohra. Initially it was reported that Sheena was Indrani's sister.
- Sheena's brother Mikhail told media channels that Indrani was their mother.
- Indrani was also marrid to a man who had business interests in Kolkata and Jamshedpur, as per reports.
- Sheena and Mikhail were reportedly brought up by Indrani's grandparents in Guwahati.
- Later, Sheena completed her graduation from St Xaviers college.
- Sheena was 24 when she was allegedly murdered in 2012.
- After quitting 9Xm, Indrani supposedly spent most of her time in UK.
- Peter Mukerjea told the media that he was not aware that the deceased was Indrani's daughter and not her sister.
- Indrani was arrested by Khar Police on night of August 25 over her alleged role in the murder of Sheena Bora in 2012.
- Indrani was produced before Bandra Metropolitan Magistrate court on August 26, which remanded her in police custody till August 31.
- Maharashtra's Raigad police had reportedly found remains of Sheena in a forest following which a murder case was registered against unidentified persons.
- Indrani's driver, a co-accused who was picked by police few days back in connection with the murder, too, was also arrested.
- Reports said that during interrogation, the driver claimed that Indrani had killed Bora.
- The driver also said that he had helped Indrani in disposing of the body by dumping it in the forests of Raigad district.