New Delhi: Army Research and Referral Hospital's doctors have issued a medical bulletin of the Indian Army soldier Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad.
Here's all what the doctors said:-
- He is currently in comatose state and continues to be in shock; has been put on ventilator in ICU
- He has pnuemonia
- He is suffering with low blood pressure
- His health remains extremely critical; next 48 hours are very crucial
- He has been placed on a ventilator to protect his airway and lungs in view of his comatose state
- He is expected to have a stormy course in the next 24 to 48 hours due to the complications caused by re-warming and establishment of blood flow to the cold parts of the body
- Investigations have revealed liver and kidney dysfunction.
- Fortunately, there was no cold exposure related frost bite or bony injuries to him
Hanumanthappa was found alive 'miraculously' six days after being presumed dead under 25 feet of snow following an avalanche at the Siachen glacier.