Amarnath Board has surrendered to NC govt: BJP
Jammu: Alleging blatant politicisation of
Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, BJP on Monday accused the SASB of
surrendering its autonomous character to serve the political
interests of NC-led government in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There is blatant politicisation of SASB....The Board has surrendered its autonomous character to serve the political interests of the NC-led government," BJP chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
He objected to curtailing the duration of Amarnath Yatra to just 39 days this year, saying there was no rationale behind the decision.
Singh also demanded reconstitution of the Shrine Board.
He questioned the stand of the Congress party, which is a coalition partner in the government, and asked why its leaders were observing "convenient silence" on such a crucial issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video