Amarnath Board has surrendered to NC govt: BJP
Jammu: Alleging blatant politicisation of
Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, BJP on Monday accused the SASB of
surrendering its autonomous character to serve the political
interests of NC-led government in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There is blatant politicisation of SASB....The Board has surrendered its autonomous character to serve the political interests of the NC-led government," BJP chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
He objected to curtailing the duration of Amarnath Yatra to just 39 days this year, saying there was no rationale behind the decision.
Singh also demanded reconstitution of the Shrine Board.
He questioned the stand of the Congress party, which is a coalition partner in the government, and asked why its leaders were observing "convenient silence" on such a crucial issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand