Amarnath Board has surrendered to NC govt: BJP
Jammu: Alleging blatant politicisation of
Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, BJP on Monday accused the SASB of
surrendering its autonomous character to serve the political
interests of NC-led government in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There is blatant politicisation of SASB....The Board has surrendered its autonomous character to serve the political interests of the NC-led government," BJP chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
He objected to curtailing the duration of Amarnath Yatra to just 39 days this year, saying there was no rationale behind the decision.
Singh also demanded reconstitution of the Shrine Board.
He questioned the stand of the Congress party, which is a coalition partner in the government, and asked why its leaders were observing "convenient silence" on such a crucial issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!