Amarnath Board has surrendered to NC govt: BJP
Jammu: Alleging blatant politicisation of
Shri Amarnath Shrine Board, BJP on Monday accused the SASB of
surrendering its autonomous character to serve the political
interests of NC-led government in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There is blatant politicisation of SASB....The Board has surrendered its autonomous character to serve the political interests of the NC-led government," BJP chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
He objected to curtailing the duration of Amarnath Yatra to just 39 days this year, saying there was no rationale behind the decision.
Singh also demanded reconstitution of the Shrine Board.
He questioned the stand of the Congress party, which is a coalition partner in the government, and asked why its leaders were observing "convenient silence" on such a crucial issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown