Army foils infiltration bid along Loc in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Monday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A group of suspected militants numbering three to four had entered into Indian side of Loc in forward area in Jhangard sector of Rajouri district around 0400 hours today," a senior Army official said.
Troops guarding the Loc observed the infiltrators and challenged them to surrender, he said, adding they opened fire on the troops who retaliated resulting in a gun battle.
The suspected militants escaped after about 30 minutes of exchange of fire and the infiltration bid was foiled, the official said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone during the incident, he said, adding the area has been cordoned off and search operations were being conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa