Army foils infiltration bid along Loc in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Monday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A group of suspected militants numbering three to four had entered into Indian side of Loc in forward area in Jhangard sector of Rajouri district around 0400 hours today," a senior Army official said.
Troops guarding the Loc observed the infiltrators and challenged them to surrender, he said, adding they opened fire on the troops who retaliated resulting in a gun battle.
The suspected militants escaped after about 30 minutes of exchange of fire and the infiltration bid was foiled, the official said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone during the incident, he said, adding the area has been cordoned off and search operations were being conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29