Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir
Jammu: The Army has foiled an attempt by a group of militants to sneak into Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir from across the Line of Control (LOC), sources said on Wednesday.
According to Army sources, Pakistani troops opened fire at Tarkundi post on the LOC in Poonch, about 250 km north west of Jammu, to "give cover to the group of infiltrators".
The firing began at 9.00 pm Tuesday night and went on for two hours. "There were two more incidents of firing from 3.00 am on Wednesday to 5.00 am and again from 6.00 am to 8.00 am," a source added.
The Indian Army returned the fire and foiled the attempt to push "five to six militants to the Indian side".
The Army is carrying out searches to find out if any militants have managed to sneak in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy