Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: An avalanche warning has been issued in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and people have been told not to leave their homes, an official said Saturday.
The divisional disaster management cell has issued an avalanche warning to people living in Gurez, Tangdhar, Machil, Keran, Karnah and Uri regions of the state.
"The residents of these areas must try to avoid movement outside their homes as far as possible," Amir Ali, in charge of the divisional disaster management cell, said.
Snow clearance operations have started in Srinagar where roads are being cleared but inter-district connectivity between Srinagar and other places of the valley has been affected.
Report of heavy snowfall has come in from north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort and Sonamarg tourist resort, and south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing