Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: An avalanche warning has been issued in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and people have been told not to leave their homes, an official said Saturday.
The divisional disaster management cell has issued an avalanche warning to people living in Gurez, Tangdhar, Machil, Keran, Karnah and Uri regions of the state.
"The residents of these areas must try to avoid movement outside their homes as far as possible," Amir Ali, in charge of the divisional disaster management cell, said.
Snow clearance operations have started in Srinagar where roads are being cleared but inter-district connectivity between Srinagar and other places of the valley has been affected.
Report of heavy snowfall has come in from north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort and Sonamarg tourist resort, and south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore