Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: An avalanche warning has been issued in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and people have been told not to leave their homes, an official said Saturday.
The divisional disaster management cell has issued an avalanche warning to people living in Gurez, Tangdhar, Machil, Keran, Karnah and Uri regions of the state.
"The residents of these areas must try to avoid movement outside their homes as far as possible," Amir Ali, in charge of the divisional disaster management cell, said.
Snow clearance operations have started in Srinagar where roads are being cleared but inter-district connectivity between Srinagar and other places of the valley has been affected.
Report of heavy snowfall has come in from north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort and Sonamarg tourist resort, and south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate