Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir
Srinagar: An avalanche warning has been issued in the higher reaches of Jammu and Kashmir and people have been told not to leave their homes, an official said Saturday.
The divisional disaster management cell has issued an avalanche warning to people living in Gurez, Tangdhar, Machil, Keran, Karnah and Uri regions of the state.
"The residents of these areas must try to avoid movement outside their homes as far as possible," Amir Ali, in charge of the divisional disaster management cell, said.
Snow clearance operations have started in Srinagar where roads are being cleared but inter-district connectivity between Srinagar and other places of the valley has been affected.
Report of heavy snowfall has come in from north Kashmir Gulmarg ski resort and Sonamarg tourist resort, and south Kashmir Pahalgam hill station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves