Book culprits involved in Rajouri tension: Sena
Jammu: Appealing to the people to maintain communal harmony, the Shiv Sena and Dogra Front on Saturday demanded immediate lifting of the curfew and booking of the culprits involved in sparking of communal tension in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We demand immediate lifting of the curfew. The culprits
involved in creation of communal tension in Rajouri should
also be booked," Shiv Sena and Dogra Front president Ashok
Gupta told reporters here.
Police as a precautionary measure had imposed curfew in
the town on Thursday after some unidentified persons pelted
stones at a religious procession, prompting security personnel
to burst tear gas shells to disperse them.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP International president Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt sentiments of a particular
The activists of Shiv Sena and Dogra Front took out a demonstration against imposition of the curfew.
A skirmish between police and protesters took place
when the law enforcement officials did not allow them to head
towards the Civil Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan