Book culprits involved in Rajouri tension: Sena
Jammu: Appealing to the people to maintain communal harmony, the Shiv Sena and Dogra Front on Saturday demanded immediate lifting of the curfew and booking of the culprits involved in sparking of communal tension in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We demand immediate lifting of the curfew. The culprits
involved in creation of communal tension in Rajouri should
also be booked," Shiv Sena and Dogra Front president Ashok
Gupta told reporters here.
Police as a precautionary measure had imposed curfew in
the town on Thursday after some unidentified persons pelted
stones at a religious procession, prompting security personnel
to burst tear gas shells to disperse them.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP International president Praveen Togadia`s recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt sentiments of a particular
The activists of Shiv Sena and Dogra Front took out a demonstration against imposition of the curfew.
A skirmish between police and protesters took place
when the law enforcement officials did not allow them to head
towards the Civil Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media