Bring Kashmir Valley on railway map: Soz
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya
Sabha today to bring Kashmir Valley "fully on the railway map"
of the country by expediting surveys and construction works in
"Kashmir Valley has to be fully on the railway map of
India," Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said underlining the importance
of rail projects in the state for "national integration".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, he said there was an
urgent need to expedite surveys and complete projects as soon
"Construction has been going very slowly on Kashmir-
Udhampur line. On Rajouri-Poonch line survey has not be
conducted," he said.
In Kashmir Valley there is no ticketless travelling, which
shows people of the Valley are law abiding," he said, adding
the rail network would accelerate socio-economic development
in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing