Bring Kashmir Valley on railway map: Soz
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya
Sabha today to bring Kashmir Valley "fully on the railway map"
of the country by expediting surveys and construction works in
"Kashmir Valley has to be fully on the railway map of
India," Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said underlining the importance
of rail projects in the state for "national integration".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, he said there was an
urgent need to expedite surveys and complete projects as soon
"Construction has been going very slowly on Kashmir-
Udhampur line. On Rajouri-Poonch line survey has not be
conducted," he said.
In Kashmir Valley there is no ticketless travelling, which
shows people of the Valley are law abiding," he said, adding
the rail network would accelerate socio-economic development
in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley