Bring Kashmir Valley on railway map: Soz
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya
Sabha today to bring Kashmir Valley "fully on the railway map"
of the country by expediting surveys and construction works in
"Kashmir Valley has to be fully on the railway map of
India," Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said underlining the importance
of rail projects in the state for "national integration".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, he said there was an
urgent need to expedite surveys and complete projects as soon
"Construction has been going very slowly on Kashmir-
Udhampur line. On Rajouri-Poonch line survey has not be
conducted," he said.
In Kashmir Valley there is no ticketless travelling, which
shows people of the Valley are law abiding," he said, adding
the rail network would accelerate socio-economic development
in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video