Bring Kashmir Valley on railway map: Soz
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya
Sabha today to bring Kashmir Valley "fully on the railway map"
of the country by expediting surveys and construction works in
"Kashmir Valley has to be fully on the railway map of
India," Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said underlining the importance
of rail projects in the state for "national integration".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, he said there was an
urgent need to expedite surveys and complete projects as soon
"Construction has been going very slowly on Kashmir-
Udhampur line. On Rajouri-Poonch line survey has not be
conducted," he said.
In Kashmir Valley there is no ticketless travelling, which
shows people of the Valley are law abiding," he said, adding
the rail network would accelerate socio-economic development
in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test