Bring Kashmir Valley on railway map: Soz
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya
Sabha today to bring Kashmir Valley "fully on the railway map"
of the country by expediting surveys and construction works in
"Kashmir Valley has to be fully on the railway map of
India," Saifuddin Soz (Cong) said underlining the importance
of rail projects in the state for "national integration".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, he said there was an
urgent need to expedite surveys and complete projects as soon
"Construction has been going very slowly on Kashmir-
Udhampur line. On Rajouri-Poonch line survey has not be
conducted," he said.
In Kashmir Valley there is no ticketless travelling, which
shows people of the Valley are law abiding," he said, adding
the rail network would accelerate socio-economic development
in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!