Curfew continues for third day in Rajouri
Jammu: Curfew continued for the third day on Saturday in the border town of Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir even as authorities detained three more persons for violating the restrictions imposed.
"The curfew is being continued for the third consecutive
day today in Rajouri without any relaxation," SSP Vijay Singh
No untoward incident has been reported from anywhere in
the district so far and the situation is under control, he
said, adding that three persons have been detained for
violating curfew restrictions last evening.
Additional security personnel have been deployed in
sensitive areas of the town to maintain peace and
tranquillity, he added.
Police as a precautionary measure had imposed curfew in
the town on Thursday after some unidentified persons pelted
stones at a religious procession, prompting security personnel
to lob tear gas shells to disperse them.
"We have already detained 13 persons in connection with
the incident for questioning," SSP said.
The stone-pelters were protesting against a recent remark
of VHP international president Praveen Togadia, which they
claimed had hurt the sentiments of a particular community.
A case was registered by police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you