Curfew continues for third day in Rajouri
Jammu: Curfew continued for the third day on Saturday in the border town of Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir even as authorities detained three more persons for violating the restrictions imposed.
"The curfew is being continued for the third consecutive
day today in Rajouri without any relaxation," SSP Vijay Singh
No untoward incident has been reported from anywhere in
the district so far and the situation is under control, he
said, adding that three persons have been detained for
violating curfew restrictions last evening.
Additional security personnel have been deployed in
sensitive areas of the town to maintain peace and
tranquillity, he added.
Police as a precautionary measure had imposed curfew in
the town on Thursday after some unidentified persons pelted
stones at a religious procession, prompting security personnel
to lob tear gas shells to disperse them.
"We have already detained 13 persons in connection with
the incident for questioning," SSP said.
The stone-pelters were protesting against a recent remark
of VHP international president Praveen Togadia, which they
claimed had hurt the sentiments of a particular community.
A case was registered by police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother