Curfew continues for third day in Rajouri
Jammu: Curfew continued for the third day on Saturday in the border town of Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir even as authorities detained three more persons for violating the restrictions imposed.
"The curfew is being continued for the third consecutive
day today in Rajouri without any relaxation," SSP Vijay Singh
No untoward incident has been reported from anywhere in
the district so far and the situation is under control, he
said, adding that three persons have been detained for
violating curfew restrictions last evening.
Additional security personnel have been deployed in
sensitive areas of the town to maintain peace and
tranquillity, he added.
Police as a precautionary measure had imposed curfew in
the town on Thursday after some unidentified persons pelted
stones at a religious procession, prompting security personnel
to lob tear gas shells to disperse them.
"We have already detained 13 persons in connection with
the incident for questioning," SSP said.
The stone-pelters were protesting against a recent remark
of VHP international president Praveen Togadia, which they
claimed had hurt the sentiments of a particular community.
A case was registered by police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog