Death toll in Kashmir avalanche reaches 18
Srinagar: The death toll in the massive twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 18 as search teams on Sunday found body of one of the two missing soldiers in Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. Searches are going on for the remaining soldier," an army spokesman said.
A massive avalanche hit the workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora, near the Line of Control, on Wednesday night, burying 29 jawans under it.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Body of another jawan was retrieved from the derbis of the avalanche on Friday.
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises