Death toll in Kashmir avalanche reaches 18
Srinagar: The death toll in the massive twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 18 as search teams on Sunday found body of one of the two missing soldiers in Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. Searches are going on for the remaining soldier," an army spokesman said.
A massive avalanche hit the workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora, near the Line of Control, on Wednesday night, burying 29 jawans under it.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Body of another jawan was retrieved from the derbis of the avalanche on Friday.
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars