Death toll in Kashmir avalanche reaches 18
Srinagar: The death toll in the massive twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 18 as search teams on Sunday found body of one of the two missing soldiers in Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. Searches are going on for the remaining soldier," an army spokesman said.
A massive avalanche hit the workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora, near the Line of Control, on Wednesday night, burying 29 jawans under it.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Body of another jawan was retrieved from the derbis of the avalanche on Friday.
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal