Death toll in Kashmir avalanche reaches 18
Srinagar: The death toll in the massive twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 18 as search teams on Sunday found body of one of the two missing soldiers in Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. Searches are going on for the remaining soldier," an army spokesman said.
A massive avalanche hit the workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora, near the Line of Control, on Wednesday night, burying 29 jawans under it.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Body of another jawan was retrieved from the derbis of the avalanche on Friday.
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm