Death toll in Kashmir avalanche reaches 18
Srinagar: The death toll in the massive twin avalanches in Kashmir Valley reached 18 as search teams on Sunday found body of one of the two missing soldiers in Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
"One more body has been recovered during search operation this morning. Searches are going on for the remaining soldier," an army spokesman said.
A massive avalanche hit the workshop of 109 Infantry Brigade at Dawar in Bandipora, near the Line of Control, on Wednesday night, burying 29 jawans under it.
While 13 personnel were rescued, 13 bodies were recovered on Thursday. Body of another jawan was retrieved from the derbis of the avalanche on Friday.
Three army jawans were killed in another avalanche that hit an army camp in Sonamarg area of Ganderbal district on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling