Fire erupts in Jammu Mail, no one injured
Jammu: A minor fire broke out in a coach of a passenger train on Jammu-Pathankote railway station in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said here on Monday.
The blaze occurred on Hiranagar-Kathua stretch when a passenger threw a cigarette in the coach of Delhi-bound Jammu Mail last night.
The fire was doused after the train was stopped for a brief period. The train continued for its forward journey late night, they said.
There was no major loss reported in the fire incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley