Flight with J&K Dy CM makes emergency landing
Srinagar: A Jammu-bound flight with Jammu and
Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister and several high profile people
among those on board on Saturday made an emergency landing at
Srinagar International Airport minutes after it took off.
The Spice Jet flight had to return to Srinagar Airport
soon after it took off this afternoon as it developed a
`technical snag`, an official of the Airport Authority said.
Among the passengers were Deputy Chief Minister Tara
Chand, Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani and several
senior state government officials who later boarded another
flight to Jammu, the official said.
Test runs were being conducted on the plane to check its
flight safety, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB