Flight with J&K Dy CM makes emergency landing
Srinagar: A Jammu-bound flight with Jammu and
Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister and several high profile people
among those on board on Saturday made an emergency landing at
Srinagar International Airport minutes after it took off.
The Spice Jet flight had to return to Srinagar Airport
soon after it took off this afternoon as it developed a
`technical snag`, an official of the Airport Authority said.
Among the passengers were Deputy Chief Minister Tara
Chand, Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani and several
senior state government officials who later boarded another
flight to Jammu, the official said.
Test runs were being conducted on the plane to check its
flight safety, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway