Four charred to death in J&K village fire
Jammu: Four persons, including a minor girl, were today charred to death in a fire at a remote village in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar district.
The blaze took place in the house of Chamail Singh in a far-flung area of Kadailorligu village in Padder belt during the early hours, a police officer said.
A police team has been rushed to the area which is on a foot-journey of 4-5 hours from the link road, he said.
The deceased were identified as Chamail Singh (30), Sunita (25), Mahendar Singh (24) and Sharmali (6).
The cause behind the fire is being ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre