Govt spent nearly Rs 70 lakh on J-K interlocutors
New Delhi: About Rs 70 lakh was paid by the
Ministry of Home Affairs as remuneration and other expenses in
engaging year-long services of three interlocutors on Jammu
Of the total of Rs 69.80 lakh, Rs 52.36 lakh was paid as
salary, about Rs 12.31 lakh was paid to their office
assistants, Rs 2.31 lakh as air fare to visit the
state and Rs 2.81 lakh as reimbursement expenditure for
official transport during their services since their
appointment on October 13, 2010.
Replying to an RTI query, the MHA refused to disclose the
interlocutors` report citing a clause in the transparency law.
The three-member group of former Information Commissioner
M M Sharma, educationist Prof Radha Kumar and eminent
journalist Dilip Padgaonkar were appointed by the Government
to look into a variety of issues, including the controversial
Armed Forces Special Powers Act, confronting Jammu and
The interlocutors have submitted their report in October
to Home Minister P Chidambaram.
"The interlocutors have submitted their final report the
Home Minister on October 12, 2011. The report is under
consideration of the Government," it said in reply to an RTI
query filed by news agency.PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing