Heavy snowfall continues in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir remained cut off from the rest of the country for the second day today as snowfall blocked the vital Srinagar-Jammu National Highway and delayed all scheduled flights to the Valley.
The snowfall, which began on Saturday night, continued overnight in most parts of the Valley including in the summer capital Srinagar, crippling normal life as most of the people
preferred to remain indoors.
However, the snowfall has brought much needed respite to the residents of the Valley as the minimum temperature recorded an increase for the second successive day, weather officials said.
They said moderate to heavy snowfall was recorded in the Valley and efforts are on to clear the roads of accumulated snow.
Srinagar recorded about four inches of snow during the night, while the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir was covered by about six inches of snow so far.
Fresh snowfall ranging between two to eight inches was also recorded in other parts of the Valley including Pahalgam, Yousmarg and Sonamarg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray