Heavy snowfall continues in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Kashmir remained cut off from the rest of the country for the second day today as snowfall blocked the vital Srinagar-Jammu National Highway and delayed all scheduled flights to the Valley.
The snowfall, which began on Saturday night, continued overnight in most parts of the Valley including in the summer capital Srinagar, crippling normal life as most of the people
preferred to remain indoors.
However, the snowfall has brought much needed respite to the residents of the Valley as the minimum temperature recorded an increase for the second successive day, weather officials said.
They said moderate to heavy snowfall was recorded in the Valley and efforts are on to clear the roads of accumulated snow.
Srinagar recorded about four inches of snow during the night, while the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir was covered by about six inches of snow so far.
Fresh snowfall ranging between two to eight inches was also recorded in other parts of the Valley including Pahalgam, Yousmarg and Sonamarg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP