J&K govt announces 50L relief for rain-hit farmers
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has announced Rs 50 lakh relief package for farmers whose
standing crops were damaged due to heavy rains in Baramulla
district in 2010.
"An amount of Rs 50 lakh have been released under
restoration and rehabilitation plan for farmers whose standing
crops and other valuable property were damaged in Baramulla
district due to heavy rains in 2010," an official spokesman
said on Saturday.
The Divisional and District Administration has constituted
a fact finding team to verify the cases for rehabilitation and
restoration works, he added.
The team would submit the verification report to the
Deputy Commissioner, Baramulla, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot